Home » News » Alumni News » Student Media Launches New Marketing Campaign

Student Media Launches New Marketing Campaign

Alumni testimonials are the central focus of the Office of Student Media’s new marketing campaign, called “The Experience of a Lifetime.” The campaign includes former students who have built successful professional careers and credit their achievements to training and experience they received at UA Student Media outlets.

The former students range from Time Magazine Home Page Editor Victor Luckerson, who served as editor-in-chief of The Crimson White from 2010-2012, to Matt Sammon, director of broadcasting for the National Hockey League’s Tampa Bay Lightning and an on-air disk jockey at WVUA 90.7 FM from 1995-99.

“There is no doubt in my mind I would not be where I am today without the head start in student media,” said Sammon. “I was able to become better on the air, and I honed by management skills off the air, which set the course for where I am now.”

If you once worked at an OSM publication or WVUA radio, and would like to add to the growing number of testimonials in this campaign, please contact Mark Mayfield at msmayfield1@sa.ua.edu. And to view the testimonials, please visit: http://www.osm.ua.edu/experience.